Roots Canada’s mascot spends the day with four iconic Canadian brands.
By: Jenna Miguel
The cold weather didn’t stop Ontario families from coming out to spend the day celebrating four of Canada’s most iconic brands. Here, Buddy the beaver, from Roots Canada, takes us on a journey around the square and into the fun.
- Buddy starting his Family Day journey Buddy begins his day bright and early at Nathan Phillips Square by putting up a Roots sign in front of the company's airstream.
- Dancing to the beat -13 degrees was nothing for Buddy who decided to dance the cold away.
- Views from the 6 Inside the Roots airstream Buddy takes a look at all of the families starting to gather at the skating rink.
- Tim Hortons gets ready for day ahead With Tim Hortons setting up to hand out free hot chocolate and coffee Buddy begins his rounds to see the other vendors.
- Time for a break and a quick warm up Second stop is the RBC warming lounge giving skaters a chance to warm up and lounge.
- Hit me with your best shot! Canadian Tire, the final of the four iconic brands, lets families try their best shot at going for gold.
- Buddy ending the day Back just in time for one more dance with the kids before the day wraps up!
- Wishing everyone a fun and safe Family Day After a day filled with classic Canadian activities and its most iconic brands Buddy takes one last look at the fun before heading inside to get warm.